Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Birthday Wish

Today was my birthday, I will share some of the things that happened in our home with you all.

Gift:



Michael gave me this handmade necklace...I thought "Ahh...how sweet". It was made out of lego pieces. How creative of him, I thought.

"Hey, can I look at it?" Christopher asked. So, I held out the necklace to him, then he shouted, "Hey! Those are MY legos!"

So, Michael made me this one instead.


Rachel wanted to do the same thing, but she burned out at the 8th bead. She asked me to tie the ends and put it on, and when I did it, she put both her hands on her cheeks and said "Mom you are so beautiful!!".


Christpher said he was thinking about what to give me but he forgot right after Thanksgiving. Funny kid...

The Planning:
I heard this story from my husband later on

My sweet hubby gather the children and wanted to discuss where they should take me for dinner.
He jokingly suggested, "How about Chuck E. Cheeses?" (those of you who are outside the US...Chuck E. Cheeses is the place kids can play games or hold birthday parties.)
Then the kids got really excited and said "Yeah!"
My husband thought (Uh-oh,I need to steer this in the right direction)
"Well... do you really think mom will like Chuck E. Cheese's and thier pizza for her birthday?"

Christpher and Rachel were quite but Michael was still hanging on by a thin thread of hope and said, "But, they have salad too!"

When I heard the story I couldn't stop laughing. What the kids don't realize is they are already giving me so much. Even the craziest days they give me something to smile about.

Aaron came home earlier than normal, then they took me out for Chinese.

I opened the gift I bought myself two months ago (I promised Aaron I would not open it until my birthday).

The cards they gave me made me laugh and tear up a little.

I want to say thank you to the friends and families who gave me nice birthday wishes. My world is a better place because of you all.

I took a self portrait:


One year older, I guess I will find out if I became any wiser too throughout the next year. If I can have one wish for my birthday... I want for our little family to be together forever. There are many other small wishes, but my family makes me happy the most. That is my birthday wish.

18 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday...sounds like a lovely, lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my comment posted...happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday...it sounds like a lovely, lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Our kids make us smile so much, don't they? :) I love the precious gifts you got from your kids. Have a wonderful evening.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Your kids are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sachiko!! Mine was yesterday. How cool that our birthdays are so close together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for the sweet birthday wishes!

    Kari-
    That is so funny! Happy Birthday to you too. No wonder we get along so well. I always become good friends with people whose birthday is close to mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story - too funny. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Sachiko! What a heartwarming story - kids really do say and do the funniest things! What charming gifts from each of them, including Christopher's thoughts :-)

    It sounds like you had a very special day with your family.

    Your self-portrait is wonderful - what a beautiful woman you are.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Happy Birtday! You are just darling, and so are your kids!

    Let's get together for a B-day treat. A good excuse to get together, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday (a day late)! Sounds like a great day. Kids are so funny - thanks for sharing an adorable story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy bleated birthday! Mine was the 30th! Cute story. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated Birthday Sachiko! I have been down with the flu so haven't cruised the blogs for a few days. Sweet story and bithday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to my good friend who doesn't look a day over 25. Hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I forgot your birthday!! It was so wonderful seeing you yesterday,it reminded me how much I miss and love you. Happy Belated Birthday! :) Let's go out for Korean food soon... I need a Sachiko fix!! You are such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin