Friday, June 25, 2010

Tutorial ~ Oh, So Easy Mouse Pad~


Just in case you are wondering, the last post didn't inspire me to do this tutorial, it is just a coincidence. I just noticed that both posts are about "mice", but this one is about a cute and useful mouse pad.

Our old computer was having issues, so we had to replace it. I wanted a new mouse pad, and decided to make one.

{you will need}

Two fabrics

Double-sided fusible ultra firm stabilizer (I found mine at Joann's. They were narrow, and pricey (7.99/yrd), so I only bought 1/4 yrd, you can make 2- 9" x 9" mouse pads.)


{How to}

This is sooo easy. If you have never used double-sided fusible stabilizer, make sure to get the instructions when you buy them at the store.

1. Pick out very pretty fabrics, follow the instructions and fuse the fabrics to the stabilizer.

2. I used a circle mouse pad from IKEA to trace a circle on to the fabic fused stablizer with pencil (very lightly). You can use bowls and dishes to do this with too.

3. Then, I cut out the circle with pinking scissors. If you prefer square, that would be pretty as well :)


That is it. Isn't it so easy and simple? This will make a perfect gift too. I cut out some hearts from the leftovers around the circle, I thought they would make a cute charm for keys or hand bags.

11 comments :

  1. we do not currently have a mouse pad, thank you for sharing, adding this to my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Some time ago I realized with this system application for bags and shirts, success.
    Congratulations, a kiss.
    Cinzia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I think that's a craft I could handle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son just ordered us a new mouse pad and it's HUGE! He forgot to check measurements. I'm in desperate need of another one. The one I had was ugly and black. I'm thinking designer fabrics in colors that compliment my kitchen (where my computer is located) will be just great. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i just recently found your blog and i just wanted to let you know that i love all of your tutorials! you're a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! I think I'm going to make one for myself and another for my son. I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cute!! I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-quick-and-easy-mouse-pad/2010/06/26/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I love finding new gift ideas! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I'm going to do this ASAP! I really need a new mouse pad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, especially for a custom gift. I recycled my old mouse pad by gluing fabric on the top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its cute and what a personal touch to you computer table... just lovely
    hope you like to pay visit to me for a pretty pincushion
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin