Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Day at the Thrift Store

One of my children had a doctor's appointment a couple days ago. After that, I took him to school and dropped him off. By the time I did that though, it was better for me to stick around that area than go home, since we live kind of far from school. It is not worth the drive home if I have to leave right away to pick them up from school.

So, I decided to have a little peek at the thrift store... boy I made a good decision!

I found some vintage pillow cases, a couple of Liberty of London clothes (by Target) that I can use for quilts and such, but I will share some items that I am really thrilled about.. .check them out! (followed by a squeal of JOY)


Aren't they gorgeous?

A vintage tea towel...


Also a vintage table cross...



and, milk glass cups...


Aren't they so pretty? I am most excited about those vintage tea towels and the table cloth. They are in such good condition, and such items are VERY hard to come by.

Every year around September I get antsy because I know there is going to be a Country Living Fair in Atlanta (or Columbus, Ohio). What's country living fair? It is basically a festival-like atmosphere with over 200 vendors and artisans selling antiques, gifts, home décor, and jewelry. Also the events are filled with seminars and demonstrations from Country Living editors, contributors, and special guests, as well as live music, gourmet markets, and more.

Mmm... Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun or what? I certainly don't care for ALL types of antiques/vintage items, but there are certain things that I love, yep, you guessed it right, fabric, linens, laces, buttons and other sewing notions. I am wondering if there is going to be some vendors selling those things at CLF, if you have been to CLF before (you lucky you!) please share your experience, I would love to know!

It is one of many dreams of mine to attend the country living fair someday. Until then, I guess I will get an adrenalin rush from the thrift stores when I find those rare vintage items. ;)

22 comments :

  1. Sachiko your finds are fantastic, especially the vintage towels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so weird, I live in Atlanta not too far from where the fair apparently takes place and I had no idea it existed. And I've found out about it just before I'm moving 1200 miles away BOO! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty finds. Am I the only one win thinks to green leaf on the milk glass looks like a pot leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful finds! You have much better luck at the thrift store than I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes. LOVE the towels--i'm a sucker for vintage linens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to CLF for the first time this year in Atlanta.. ..what can I say.. It was AWESOME. SO many vendors with so many different types of antiques and honestly the prices were not bad at all! Vintage fabrics, trims, new creative bit and bobs.. The place was VERY clean and well run. We went of a beautiful nippy fall day with dappled sunlight through the trees. Perfect! If you ever this you want to come to the one in Atlanta let me know.. I will meet you there!

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! I wish I found such cute stuff when I went to thrift stores...

    I've never heard of that fair, but I do like that magazine and it sounds like a really fun event! Now I want to go... I can't really see how I'd ever get out that way though. If you ever get to go someday, I hope you blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I am only two hours from Columbus. That's where we go to the Temple. I almost went to the Country Living Fair this past September, but something came up. I was worried I'd be too overwhelmed. You definitely should come next year and stay with me and we'll go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My suggestion would be to go to the Atlanta CL fair if you can. I've been to Columbus and talked to people who have been there since I was. Adn I have a good friend who has been a vendor. It wasn't and isn't all it's trumped up to be. Worth going if you are in the area anyway but not so sure it's really worth the money and effort if you live far away. Atlanta looks neater.
    Just my opinion though!
    Love the stuff you found thrifting. You are making me itch to go do some thrifting of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous finds at the thrift store! I have been looking for things this gorgeous, but only have come close, not really ever found something that pretty.
    I too am an avid reader of Country Living, although I'm still trying to get used to their new format. And no, I've never been at one of their fairs, would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really found some great items! Those vintage items are in such wonderful condition! Are you going to make them into something wonderful? or keep as is and use them? Hard decision? It sure would be for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a vintage table cloth collector (ok, hoarder).I love yours!!! Also, I am officially on the lookout for those cups. I just read about the CLF for the first time about a week ago on another blog and then found out there will be one held in Austin, TX about 45 mins. from my daughter's house. I am soooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa--

    Hey you! You almost went to CLF? I have been wanting to go for several years now, so I guess I sould really take you up on your offer. It will be so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love vintage tea towels too and they make cute pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the vintage tea towel. That looks very special.

    Charbrew Tea

    ReplyDelete
  16. have you noticed anything special about the green leaves on your cups? they are absolutely cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty.

    am glad I'm not the only one who spotted the special "tea" leaves on the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty.

    am glad I'm not the only one who spotted the special "tea" leaves on the cups.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin